Saturday, October 24, 2015

Woodland Pumpkins: My Card for Our SUper Friends Pinterest Challenge Swap

This month my SUper Friends demonstrator group decided to challenge ourselves to create a card from our Pinterest boards for our swap.  I decided to recreate the card from this pin -- the card is by Georgeann Manning of Stamping Everything, and you can see her original blog post about her card here.  I stayed very close to Georgie's design with my card:


Inking up the Woodland Embossing Folder with Pool Party before embossing really turns out beautifully!  And, I love the pumpkins!   I used five 1" circles for my larger pumpkin and three 3/4" circles for the smaller ones.  The stem is a piece of Crumb Cake, which I colored with an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker.  The leaves were created out of Old Olive card stock with the Bird Builder Punch.

I did add a layer of Whisper White in between the embossed piece and the Pool Party card base.  I also used an Early Espresso marker to color in the indentations on the bark of the trees, which I think makes them look even more like birch trees or aspens.  
 


I decided to use the "thankful for you" greeting from the Sheltering Tree stamp set, stamped in Pumpkin Pie for the greeting.  The Whisper White greeting piece is punched on either end with the Washi Label Punch.  I used an orange permanent marker to color a White Perfect Accent to coordinate with the greeting and pumpkins.  Here's a close up of that:


Stay tuned to see the other beautiful cards created by my SUper Friends!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

Supplies:
Supply List
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: