Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Thankful with Lighthearted Leaves

Hi everyone!  Happy Tuesday!  Since it's Tuesday, that means new Weekly Deals are up (you can see them in my store by clicking here.  

World Cardmaking Day is coming up this weekend, and I am very excited about the special class I have planned for that.  Here is one of the cards we will be making:


The Lighthearted Leaves set is really one of my favorites right now -- so many fun ways to make cards with it!  The card above features a special kind of emboss resist.  Can't wait to show everyone how to do it on Saturday!  You may also spot the Woodland Textured Impressions embossing folder in the background, and on top of the Gold Satin Ribbon, one of my favorite new embellishments from the Holiday Catalog, an Iced Rhinestone Embellishment (with the center colored to match the card a bit better).  The "thankful" greeting is from the Six Sayings host set (available exclusively when you host a Stampin' Up! party -- ask me how you can get this set!)

While I was designing the card above, I had fun experimenting with emboss resist techniques and colors, and here is one of my favorite pieces that came out of that experimenting:


I plan to finish it into a card, and will be sure to share that here when it is done.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: