Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Lighthearted Leaves Cards

There's been a whole lotta stampin' going on for me the past few days!  First, a private workshop on Thursday with some terrific ladies, then my always-amazing SUper Friends got together on Friday for a Holiday Catalog Product Play Date, which turned out to be some crazy cardmaking fun!  (It was fun to see everyone trying new techniques and ideas as well as new products, and we all worked together at the end to make sure we finished everything up!  Thanks to Mercedes Weber for sharing her great idea for doing that at Convention!)   And, finally, Sunday was the Holiday Catalog Open House and Crafters' Flea Market.  Whew!

Anyway, I thought today I'd share with you my samples for a make and take I did at both the workshop and the Open House.  Here goes:




I created a mask using the Leaflets Framelits dies, and sponged Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, and a hint of Blackberry Bliss through that.  Then, I stamped the leaf image before removing the mask.  On the top card, I added some background images using Gorgeous Grunge and a smaller leaf image in Crushed Curry (with a little Tangelo Twist sponged into the leaves).  Greetings for both cards are stamped in Blackberry Bliss.  The bottom card is "stepped up" with one of the Very Vintage buttons (sponged with a bit of Blackberry Bliss around the edges -- turns out the Blackberry Bliss ink is dark enough that it stains the button a bit, even though most of the ink does wipe right off).  There is a bit of Linen Thread tied in a bow through the button.

These cards are created on note cards, and it was fun to stamp up the envelopes to match, too.

Inspiration for these cards came from this beautiful card I received in a swap with Mel's Card Stock Creations at Inspire.Create.Share 2015 (Stampin' Up!'s Convention):



Turns out the Butterfly Thinlets dies are on this week's Weekly Deals (through 9/21/15), so if you haven't gotten yours yet, this is a great time!

Thanks so much for visiting!

- Michelle


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: