Thursday, July 30, 2015

Watercolor Wings Convention Swap

Happy Thursday!  I'm back with another of my Convention swaps today!  Those who follow my Facebook Business Page saw this sneak peek as I was creating these cards:


Here's the card:

The card base is Mint Macaron, and there's a layer of whisper White on top, which I stamped with the Watercolor Wash background in Mint Macaron.  I also stamped some of the leaves from Butterfly Basics in Cucumber Crush.  The butterflies, from Watercolor Wings, are stamped in Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry, Delightful Dijon, and Tip Top Taupe (I stamped off to get lighter values of the colors).  The little blossoms' centers were stamped in Watermelon Wonder and Delightful Dijon using the flower center from Summer Silhouettes and were punched out using the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.  I added some Crystal Effects in the flower centers for extra dimension.

Here's a close up of the greeting (actually two different versions, but created in the same way:




To create this, I started by stamping an image from Build a Birthday in Watermelon Wonder ink on Whisper White Paper.  I punched that out using the Washi Label Punch.  Then, I added a strip of the Crushed Curry design from the Cherry on Top Washi Tape to a piece of Vellum, and punched that out with the Washi Label Punch.  I adhered the vellum piece to the stamped piece, and stamped the "just for you" on top of the vellum with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Oh, almost forgot, there is a length of the beautiful Mint Macaron Lace Trim wrapped around the Whisper White layer as well.  Love that stuff!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

P.S.  If you'd like to see more of my photos from Convention, please visit my Facebook Business Page (and be sure to like the page while you are there so you can see more of what I post there as well!)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: