Saturday, May 2, 2015

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!  I've actually managed to finish a few pages already today!!!  (With thanks to Project Life for making it so easy!  Have to admit I wasn't sure I'd like it at first, but it really makes getting pages done a snap, and there's plenty of opportunity to be creative and dress up your pages . . . or just keep them clean and simple!)  These first pages are from our trip to Arizona at Christmas time, and I used the Season of Style Journaling Tags (which I just checked, and they are still available here in the Clearance Rack for a super-great price, while supplies last!).  The pages are 8 x 8".   (Apologies for the glare, couldn't figure out how to remove that other than removing the photos and cards from the pockets, which I finally did on the last pages I photographed!):






Here's another layout, this time a 12 x 12" divided page, using the Everyday Adventure Project Life Collection (retiring soon, and currently available here for half off, again while supplies last):




I layered cards from the collection on this element, then added some Itty Bitty Accents flowers, stamped with a flower center from Summer Silhouettes.

Here's the other side:





I again layered cards here, and added "love this" from the Project Life Remember This stamp set, and some butterflies from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar set (perfect with the kit, but also really great for scrapbooking!!).

The journaling on my pages is done mostly with the Project Life Journaling Pens, but I did use a Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker on my sea otter page as well.

Hope you like these, and hope you have fun celebrating National Scrapbooking Day!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greeting from the Monterey coastline. Michelle congratulations on both your wins!! Saw the video late since I was away at a crop for the weekend. How fun was it to see your name on the door prize list!! Your Project Life pages are amazing! ! Being a traditional scrapbooker to cut a photo as you did in your layouts is just scary!! Though the final result was beautiful. Your otter photos make me green eyed with envy. Hope you have a marvelous Mother's Day.

Michelle VanWiggeren said...

Thanks so much, Rosemarie! Was a little scary to crop the photos so much to fit in those pages, as I consider myself more of a traditional style scrapbooker, too, but I’m really happy with how they turned out and pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed creating with Project Life. Definitely will be making more pages that way . . . was faster than my usual! ;) So, that’s a plus.

Hope you are having a beautiful Mother’s Day, too!

Stampin’ Hugs,
Michelle