Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Ears to You, Chalkboard-Style

The new "Ears to You!" single stamp from Stampin' Up! is so adorable!  I decided it would be fun to create a card with these bunnies using the chalkboard-style look that is so popular in the paper-crafting world (and elsewhere) right now.  Here's what I created:



I started with a 4.25 x 8.5" piece of Wisteria Wonder, to create the square card base.  I layered some of the fun new White Delicate Details Lace Tape along the bottom.  To create the chalkboard focal piece, I started with a piece of Basic Black, and embossed the Ears to You image on it using Versamark and White Embossing Powder.  I die cut around the image using one of the Ovals Collection Framelit dies.  Then, I traced around the edge of the Framelit with a white Watercolor Pencil to create the white frame.  I sponged a bit of Whisper White Craft Ink around the image to give more of a chalkboard effect as well.

The card is relatively clean and simple, but I think it is also a quick, fun card to create for Easter and spring.  What do you think?  Have you tried the chalkboard technique for any projects yet?

To check out the Ears to You stamp set and other single stamps (available only for a limited time), in the online store, please click here.

- Michelle

No comments: