Monday, September 24, 2012

L'Eiffel Bridal Luncheon Invitations

In less than two weeks, one of my BFFs is getting married, and I'm really looking forward to being there with  her to celebrate her marriage.  We're having a bridal luncheon for her while I'm there, and it will be at a restaurant with Parisian decor and food.  I wanted to create some very special invitations to the luncheon that incorporated that theme along with Cherry Cobbler, which is pretty close to one of the colors she's chosen for the wedding.  Here's what I ended up designing:





The frame is from the Papaya Collage Stamp Set, the Eiffel Tower image and "Amour" are from Artistic Etchings, and background images are created with the French background stamp from French Foliage and with the Very Vintage Wheel.   "You're Invited" is from the retired Sincere Salutations set.  The frame, Eiffel tower, and "You're Invited" are heat embossed with Versamark and Black Embossing Powder.  

The heart background was created using a mask and sponging, and it's difficult to tell from the pictures, but is actually sparkly inside.  I embossed the inside of the heart with Versamark and Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.

The right side of the Cherry Cobbler card base is embossed using one of the Delicate Designs Folders.

The ribbon looped under the greeting is the 1/2" Striped Satin Ribbon from the Holiday Catalog.

 I also decorated the outside of the envelopes to go along with the theme:


These were fun to create, and I hope the recipients were surprised and excited to find them in their mailboxes!  Hope you like them, too.

Thanks for checking out my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: