Friday, March 30, 2012

Vintage Embossed Mother's Day Card

Marlene and I have been swapping again!  And, today I have one of the cards I sent to her to show you -- for this card, I wanted to create something vintage-y for Mother's Day.  This card also uses 2 embossing folders, which fits this week's challenge over at Late Night Stampers.

Here is my card:



The card base is Crumb Cake card stock.  Then, I added a layer of Wisteria Wonder (distressed around the edges).  On top of that is a piece of Very Vanilla, which I embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, with a bit of Crumb Cake ink brayered on the embossing folder.  I saw that technique on this card by  the amazing Diane Vander Galien (love her style!!!), and just had to give it a try!  

The butterfly images are from the Kindness Matters stamp set, and I stamped them in Early Espresso on a piece of Very Vanilla, which I punched using the Wide Oval Punch.  I stamped over the butterflies using the "Take Note" image from the Notably Ornate stamp set in Crumb Cake Classic Ink, stamped off once on scratch paper before stamping over the butterflies.  I colored the butterflies using Regal Rose, Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder inks, and a blender pen.  Here's a close up:



Then, I used my Aquapainter, and painted some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint over the butterflies, and dotted the centers of the flowers around the "take note" image.  Here's a slightly different angle, so you can see the shimmer better:


The oval piece is layered on a piece of Wisteria Wonder, which I embossed with the oval frame from the Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Then, I used an Aquapainter to draw a rough oval around the outside of the embossed frame, and tore around it.

The little flowers on the card were punched out using the four-petal flower from the Bitty Punch Pack.   I punched them out of Blushing Bride, then sponged Regal Rose around the edges.  In the center of each, I attached one of the smallest pearls from the Pearl Jewels.

The leaves are from the Bird Builder Punch, and are punched out of Pear Pizzazz.

The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, and is stamped in Early Espresso on a piece of Very Vanilla.  I hand cut the piece to shape it like a banner, then sponged around the edges with Wisteria Wonder.

Near the top of the card, I added a scrap of Wisteria Wonder that had been punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, and also hand cut into a banner shape.

The ribbon started as a piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding ribbon. I dyed it using a Regal Rose re-inker, and then sponged it with Wisteria Wonder.  I then spritzed it with Vanilla Smooch Spritz, so it would really sparkle!  After it dried, I tied it in a bow and attached it to the card using Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  Here's a close-up of the ribbon:


Lots of details on this card.  Great fun to make!  Hope it inspires you to create something wonderful!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: