Thursday, March 29, 2012

Embossing with Framelits, My Way! (Video tutorial!)

Hi, everyone!  You might remember this card I showed you a little while back, where there is an embossed Label Framelit in the middle of the die cut:  




Well, I finally had a few moments to make a video to show you my technique for doing this type of embossing (a little different from some similar techniques I have seen out there because it only uses one of the Silicone Rubber mats -- and yes, I called it the wrong thing in the video!  On the bright side, because of my mistakes in making the video, I finally figured out how to add captions to them.)  So, without further ado, here's the video:



You might notice that there is a little bit of sparkle in the coloring around the bunny image (from the Everybunny stamp set) -- that was a happy little accident.  I had been using my Aquapainter to paint some Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint onto an image, and turns out even though I thought I had cleaned the Aquapainter, there was still some sparkle left in it when I used it to blend the "sky" I'd colored around my bunny.  I really like the effect . . . will have to do it again sometime!

Here is the almost finished project I put this piece on, along with a couple other samples stamped with the Heaven Blessed set (another fun set to color!):





These are CD Envelope cards (like these albums, but using only one envelope).  I still want to finish them off by adding a greeting and perhaps a flower embellishment or two on the outside, and some photos on the inside.  I used the Spring Fever Simply Scrappin' Kit from the Occasions Mini to create these.  I'll post more photos when they're finished!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: