Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hello Baby Bunny Card for Late Night Stampers Challenge # 161

I love this week's challenge over at Late Night Stampers and just couldn't resist playing along!  It's an inspiration challenge, and the inspiration piece is this scrumptiously-adorable cake:


I really love the colors -- I decided to go with Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Early Espresso and Very Vanilla for my card.  And, I love the combination of stripes and polka dots.  I also think the lamb is adorable, but didn't have a lamb image that worked with what I had in mind, so I decided to go with the adorable baby bunny in an eggshell from the Everybunny Stamp Set.  Here's what I came up with for the challenge:


The dotted border above the card stock stripes is done with pieces of the different colors that I punched out with the small circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  I stamped the bunny image in Early Espresso Classic Ink, then punched it out with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch.  I colored it using Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo Classic Ink and a Blender Pen for the ears, shell and nose, and those colors plus Early Espresso for the baby bunny's scarf.  I layered that Very Vanilla piece onto a piece of Early Espresso punched out with the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle.

The bow is done using a technique by Mary Brown (to see her excellent tutorial for how to create this sort of bow, please click here).

Here's a close up of the bunny's coloring and the bow:



Although I made this as a baby card, this could make a fun Easter card as well -- just change the greeting, and all set!

Hope you'll play along with this fun challenge, too!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

so very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Adorable, Michelle!!! Love the colors and your interesting template! Marlene Caravello