Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pennant Parade Open House Project #1 and Inspiration in Action CASE Contest Entry

The new Idea Book has so many wonderful samples, and I've had fun going through my book and tabbing my favorites that I want to "CASE" (Copy & Share Everything).  It's actually kind of overwhelming how many tabs I put in!  Where to start?!

So, when I saw that Gretchen Barron is having a catalog CASE contest over at her Inspiration in Action blog, I knew I'd want to join the fun.  So, this card is an entry for that.  You should join the fun and play along, too!  There's even a fabulous prize package!  Here's the link to Gretchen's post about her contest.

This card was also so fun and quick to make that I'm excited about it being one of the make and takes for my New Catalog Open House this Saturday!  (If you are in the San Jose, California, area, and would like to stop by, please leave me a comment or email me and I'll get more details to you.)

Here's the card:


This card was inspired by the ice cream cone card on page 69 in the new Idea Book.  I kept the basic layout for my card, but changed the color scheme.  The card base is So Saffron, with another layer of So Saffron around Whisper White, then strips of Pool Party, designer Paper and Whisper White under the ice cream cone. 

The ice cream cone was created by stamping an image from the Pennant Parade set in Early Espresso on Whisper White, then punching out with the coordinating punch.  The top of the ice cream cone is punched out of Peach Parfait using the Cupcake Builder Punch.  Rather than stamping on the ice cream, I added a button from the Bitty Buttons, with a Pearl Jewel in the center. 

I also wanted to work in some new designer paper (the striped paper is from the Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper) and the new Lace Ribbon Border punch on top of that. I didn't have the embossing folder or stamps used for the background in the Idea Book (at least not yet!), so substituted the Perfect Polka Dots and Elegant Bouquet for those.

I added Pearl Jewels in the Lace Ribbon border punch and my bow was created using the Whisper White Baker's Twine.

Now, off to run some errands, then hopefully find some time to stamp some more!  So many projects I want to create, so little time!  Hope you are finding some time to create, too.
 
- Michelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous!!! its designed simply but looking great...
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Cards

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much of this really neat card, Michelle!!! What a surprise to get this in today's mail!!! You didn't have to do that...but I am so delighted that you did! I am definitely going to use this idea with my club! Marlene Caravello

gbarron56 said...

Michelle -- Thank you so much for particpating in my Catalog CASE Contest! Your card is just darling! I was so delighted to see each and every entry. If I could, I would make everyone a winner! You did a fabulous job. Keep up the good work and Happy Stamping! Blessings, Gretchen