Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!

My apologies for not posting in so long, but had a few minutes tonight, so thought I'd sneak on and post a few fun Christmas projects I've been wanting to share with you! 

Here's my favorite project that we made at my Christmas Stamp Camp a couple weekends back -- a Rudolph Sweet Treat gift:



The original idea for this came from Marie Shaughnessy
For my version, I decided to create an easy-open back to make candy access simple!  On the back oval, I cut off part of the top, and punched an opening with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.  Then, I created a slider-closure out of the 1 3/4" Circle I had punched out for the Treat Cup, plus a round tab punch.  Here's what it looks like apart:


The second project is another one from the swap I did with my friend Marlene Caravello.  Isn't this a wonderful Santa Box?!



I love how she made this from the Fancy Favor Treat Box, and think the detail of embossing his beard, hair, and fringe on his hat with the Finial Folder was fabulous!  That texture adds so much!!!

And, last but not least, here is a wonderful cocoa and candy cane gift holder also made by Marlene! 



So much fun!!!  (Thank you again, Marlene!)

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas eve!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Love these projects...notice what I posted today? Hope you all are having a very merry Christmas!! Can't wait to see you all again in a week!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Those treat holders are just the cutest, Michelle!! Funny how you and Jana posted at just about the same time. Really cute swaps too!!